The 2nd Annual Golf (Fore!) the Library will be held at the main library in Bloomfield on Saturday, February 7, from 10AM-6PM. The library will stay open an extra hour that day to coincide with this event. Advance tickets are on sale now for $4/each at the library, or you may purchase tickets on the day of the event for $5/each or $15 for four tickets.
Thank you to our event sponsors so far:
- Bloomfield Hardware (Groomer’s)
- Flynn Welding & Inspection
- Bloomfield State Bank
- The Rowe Law Firm, LLC
- Tiny Tykes Daycare
- Riester and Strueh, Attorneys
- Lester Jenkins & Sons Funeral Home, Inc.
- Graves Plumbing Company, Inc.
- Knights of Columbus
- Greene County General Hospital
- Smithville Communications, Inc.
- The Dancing Bear Shop
- Bloomfield IGA
If you are interested in being a sponsor for the event, contact the library for more information. We also are accepting in-kind donations (food for the day of the event, items for bidding in the silent auction). Thank you for supporting the library and Greene County Literacy Coalition!
The Bloomfield-Eastern Greene County Public Library may, at times, need to close or operate on reduced hours due to inclement weather for the safety of staff and patrons served. Inclement weather, for purposes of this policy, is defined as snow and/or ice. Where possible, the Library will strive to remain open to meet the many needs of the service community. The below guidelines will be relied upon in making a decision on whether to close or operate on a reduced schedule:
The Library may close, or operate on reduced hours, the first day in which Bloomfield schools close due to inclement weather. If Bloomfield schools are open, the Library will have normal hours. The Eastern Branch Library will follow the Eastern Greene school system. The Library Director will make a decision on whether to open regular hours, reduced hours, or close completely based on the following factors:
• County travel status located at: http://www.in.gov/dhs/traveladvisory/
• Timing of inclement weather (i.e. if conditions are expected to worsen throughout the day or clear up)
• Temperature (i.e. the temperature will warm up and melt off a lot of snow/ice or stay below freezing and likely not improve)
• Ability of scheduled staff to safely make it into work or get home
If school is not in session (breaks/weekends), or the school closes for multiple days, the Library Director will continue to rely on the above factors when making a decision on whether to open or close the Library.
Notification of Closures
The Library will notify patrons of closures or reduced hours via the following communication channels:
• Area news outlets (Greene County Daily World, NewsBarb, Herald Times, WFIU/WTIU, WTWO-TV, WTHI-TV, and WWBL-FM)
• The Library’s Facebook and Twitter accounts
• Signs posted on all Library entrances (when possible)
Freegal Music is now available at the library!
Freegal Music is a free music downloading service providing popular MP3 music for patrons. To begin simply inquire within the library or log onto our website with your library card!
Please wait while you are redirected to Book-A-Librarian!.