How does it work?
- Go to the Freegal website
- On the Freegal website, login with your library card barcode and password.
Freegal Card Number: 26803000******
PIN: (enter your library password – if you don’t know your PIN, call or stop by the desk and we can reset this for you)
- Search or browse to find a song you want.
- Click the “Download Now” link to download your selected song.
- Listen to your song on any MP3 listening device, such as your computer, iPod or other MP3 player.
- More information about Freegal can be found in the FAQ on the Freegal site. (The link to the FAQ is in the upper right corner of the screen after you login to Freegal.)
- Freegal apps are now available for iPhone and Android phones.
What is Freegal?
- FREE music downloads you get to keep forever - no due dates. The files you download never expire, and there are no digital rights management (DRM) restrictions on them.
- You may also stream music for FREE.
- Sony Music’s entire catalog of hundreds of thousands of songs - over 50 music labels in more than 100 genres of music.
- Freegal is only available to library cardholders that have a card in good standing (for example: your card is not expired, your card is not blocked by excessive fines, and you do not have a blue reciprocal borrower card).
- Each cardholder is limited to 3 song downloads per week. That’s 156 songs downloaded a year.
- Each cardholder is limited to 3 hours of streaming music per day. That’s 1,095 hours of streaming music a year.
- After you click the “Download Now” link, you use one of your weekly downloads, even if you then click “Cancel”.