The Bloomfield-Eastern Greene County Public Library’s mission is to provide access to information, technology, and experiences that enrich the lives of the residents in our community.
The Bloomfield-Eastern Greene County Public Library’s vision is that of a vibrant organization that nurtures both a sense of community and imagination about the surrounding world.
A World of Information at Your Fingertips!
Our Core Values
- Provide exceptional customer service from a friendly, professional staff.
- Offer comfortable spaces where people of all ages can study, work together, and learn.
- Deliver lifelong learning opportunities to members of our community.
- Collaborate with schools and organizations to make Bloomfield and Greene County thrive.
- Strive to continually improve our service and resources.
- Assume prudent stewardship of taxpayer dollars.
- Supply equitable access to information for everyone in our community.
Our Services to you
- Pre-School Story Hours
- Summer Reading Programs
- Various Fall & Spring Programs
- Adult Programs
- Telephone Reference
- Interlibrary Loans
- Book Discussions
- Library Express, a service to homebound patrons
- Microfilm Reader/Printer
- Fax Service
- Color and Black & White prints and copies
- Book Sales through our Friends of the Library
- Community Room for use by nonprofit groups (call to schedule)
Our collection includes
- Large Print Books
- Reference Materials
- Parent/Teacher Materials
- Audiobooks/CD Books
- Music CDs
- Literacy Materials
- Telephone Books
- Genealogy Materials
- Local History
- Microfilm of local newspapers & census
- Ancestry Plus (online database)
- World Vital Records (online database)
- Tax Forms
- Voter Registration Forms
- Indiana & Bloomfield Maps
How to obtain a library card
- Present a government issued identification with your name and current street address.
- If you do not have an identification card with your current address, present a utility bill, bank statement, or tax return with your current address.
- If you do not live in the Library’s service area, also present the library card from your local library.
- Complete an application card.
- If you do not live in the Library’s service area, you may be required to pay a fee. Check with library staff.
As a Library cardholder, you are responsible for all items checked out on your card. To replace a lost card, the cost is $2.00.
Services for the Disabled
- Home Delivery
- Elevator Access
The Evergreen Indiana circulation policy can be viewed as a PDF file here.
Other Library Policies
Other library policies can be viewed here.