Book A Librarian!
Need help setting up your e-reader? Thinking about starting a genealogy research project? Looking for basic computer help? Book A Librarian! The Bloomfield-Eastern Greene County Public Library offers one-on-one assistance on a variety of topics. Visit the library or see the list below for a complete list of services and assistance offered.
The Book A Librarian! service allows library patrons to book an appointment with a librarian. Each appointment can last between 15-20 minutes, and patrons may book up to two sessions each month. For more information, please check out our FAQ’s below. Please be aware that this service is designed to be instructional. We will provide you the tools you need to complete your project!
Are you ready to have the tools you need to finish your project? Visit the library or fill out the request form below to Book A Librarian!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Book A Librarian?
- Book A Librarian is a service that connects patrons with a librarian for one-on-one help and skill-building session.
- Who can schedule an appointment?
- Any library patron is invited to schedule an appointment.
- How does Book a Librarian work?
- Appointments can be made during business hours. You can request an appoint using the online request form, over the phone by calling 812-384-4125, or in person at any circulation desk.
- Is there anything the library cannot help with?
- We cannot offer legal advice or help with tax or divorce papers but can provide resources or organizations with evaluative information.
- We also cannot troubleshoot or provide maintenance on personal computers. We may have to refer you to other technology professionals as needed.
- While the library does provide a wide range of topics in which to Book a Librarian, we cannot guarantee that your topic of interest is one in which our librarian’s are familiar. We will do our best to provide assistance or guide you towards valuable resources.
- Who will be helping me?
- We will look at your appointment request and determine the best person on our staff to meet with you based on expertise and availability.
- How long are the appointments?
- Each patron can have two, one-on-one 15-20 minute appointments each month.
- How far in advance do I need to request an appointment?
- In order to provide you with the best service possible, please allow at least one week’s notice when making a request.