Click on any of the policy names to see it in full.
The Bloomfield-Eastern Greene County Public Library provides meeting room space in the Community Room at the main library (maximum of 50 people) and at the Eastern Branch (maximum of 15 people) at no charge to persons wishing to present programs or to hold meetings which serve the community’s needs for: education, information, entertainment, and cultural enrichment.
This service enables the library to further its mission of providing the best possible free services to the residents of the library district.
- In general, use of the meeting rooms will be limited to civic groups, service clubs, other not-for-profit groups or educational programs sponsored by responsible local citizens or organizations.
- A responsible adult (18 years of age or older) must be present at all activities held in the meeting room.
- The following list, while not all-inclusive, gives examples of activites which may not be booked:
- Activities which may interfere with the normal operation of the library
- Personal or family parties
- Activities from which the scheduling party will derive commercial gain (unless specifically approved at time of scheduling)
- Reservations may be made by telephone or at the adult circulation desk at Bloomfield or at the Eastern Branch Desk; the group or their designated representative needs to complete a registration form at least one week prior to the meeting. This person will be the library contact person should a change of scheduling be necessary.
- Reservations may be made in July or thereafter for the months of September-December, and in November for the months of January-May, and in April for the months of June-August.
- Reservations are taken on a first-come, first-booked basis; however, library programs will always take precedence over all other scheduling.
- The community room may be reserved between 9:00 AM and 10:00 PM. If necessary, a key will be issued to provide access.
ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AND SMOKING ARE NOT ALLOWED.
Set-up and Clean-up
Check-list for Securing the Library
Emergency numbers and a copy of the policy are also included in the same plastic holder.
The Library will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, gender, national origin or disability in providing space for meetings. However, each group must have one person of legal age designated as an official contact person for liability purposes.
The library reserves the right to determine priorities in assigning community room space.
The library reserves the right to change or cancel reservations in emergency situations.
The library reserves the right to terminate the use of the facilities.
The library is not liable for injuries to people or damage to or loss of property of organizations using the community room.
We will be glad to work with you to make your use of the community room a pleasant experience. Please help by observing the guidelines above.
Click here to make a Community Room reservation request.