5th Annual Golf (fore!) the Library
The 5th annual Golf (fore!) the Library, sponsored by American Legion Post 196, will be held on Saturday, February 3, from 10AM-5PM at the main library in Bloomfield. We also will hold our 1st Escape Room in the Library Annex (former MainSource Bank).
Are you an area business, organization, or individual interested in sponsoring a hole for the event or donating an item for the silent auction? See below for some frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding how we will use your sponsorship or donation. If interested in helping out, click here to download the registration form (PDF file).
Thank you to all of our sponsors so far!
Click here to see the full-list of sponsors (PDF file), including in-kind donations.
FAQs about sponsoring or making a donation to this event
- What benefit would I receive if I purchase a sponsorship for the Bloomfield Library? Companies that sponsor our event will receive recognition through the website and on-site advertising. In addition, we’ll send out customized flyers with your company listed as a sponsor.
- My organization isn’t in Bloomfield or Eastern Greene County. Why should I support your library? Although your business may not be located on the eastern side of Greene County, we might share many of your customers. You can use this opportunity to expand your advertising reach.
- What will the money go for? The money raised will be split between the Friends’ of the Library, and the Greene County Literacy Coalition. The Friends’ of the Library will dedicate most funds to the library’s summer reading program with the remaining going toward a library improvement project, and the Greene County Literacy Coalition plans to purchase educational materials. Both the library and Greene County Literacy Coalition will spend the funds in support of literacy and education in your community.
- Libraries are tax supported. Why do you need a fundraiser? First, the library has always been involved with fundraising through our Friends’ of the Library. Tax funds support our essential service, like purchases of books to check out, while the Friends’ of the Library support “extras” like programs, storytellers, and databases like Ancestry.com. Second, half of the funds raised will also go to the Greene County Literacy Coalition, which is a nonprofit that relies solely on grants and donations. Third, while the library is tax supported, like many other government organizations, our budgets have declined due to a reduction in income taxes and property tax caps. The fundraiser will allow the library to provide those extras that make a library, and therefore the community, better.
- When is the money due? The sponsorship will be due the day before the event.